Monday, January 12, 2009

Gintama...

OK... it's been a while. A long while...

I've been busy on my space and facebook... or really just busy with life, job, friends, etc.

I'd like to delete this blog but I don't know how to.

But if I keep it I think it should be an anime blog because this is my latest passion. Sadly I don't have the skill to write eloquently or I'd rave passionately about anime.

Let's just say, if you love anime, watch Gintama. Seriously it is the fucking best anime I've seen. And I went through D.Gray-man, Kyou Kara Maou, Yami no Matsuei (this was early days!!!), Devil May Cry & Zombie Loan.

Sugita makes me love Gin. Shin's seiyuu looks more like Shin! Kagura's a lovely 12 year old; she just happens to come from a race of killlers. How can you not like Gintama? This is the Edo period where Tokyo was never formed because aliens invaded Earth. There is the shogunate police - the Shinsengumi - who have become my favourites of the anime. There is an old fashion rebel; Katsura voiced by the talented Ishida Akira and then there is madao aka Hasegawa-san and there is Sayobi or Sa-chan, constantly obsessed with Gin. And we mustn't forget Baka-oji.

Yes, I'm a Hijikata Toshiro fangirl. How can you not like him? He is a tsundere! He's gruff, rough and rude. Yet, he's honourable and caring for his friends. Then there's Sougo who's voiced by ultra talented Suzumura Ken'ichi. And Kondo who's nickname is Gorilla.

Seriously, if anyone loves anime and reads this, try Gintama. It's a roller coaster ride that is still thrilling after 139 episodes. OK, maybe I should thank Sorachi for writing and creating this manga too. And I fully support it - I pay for online streaming priviledges and I buy the manga.

I always say; Gintama is crack. Any anime that has aliens in the Edo period has got to be fun. You can pair any character with each other if that's what catches your fancy because it's one of those animes where anything goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home